Terms and Conditions for Booking
The boring but important bit - terms and conditions of booking:
1. Reservations are accepted only subject to the guests agreeing to these Terms and Conditions of stay. The lead member of the party, i.e. the guest making the booking is responsible for ensuring that all guests abide by these terms.
3. The guests have the right to occupy and use Anchor Cottage together with its gardens for the agreed period of hire only. No right of tenancy is given or inferred, as only short-term holiday accommodation is offered.
4. Please bear in mind that you and each member of your party are responsible for your own, your children's and your pets health and safety whilst at Anchor Cottage. Children and pets should be supervised, particularly when outdoors.
5. Guests must take heed of any restrictions of access (e.g. to out buildings) that may be imposed for safety. We cannot be responsible for injuries caused by misuse of facilities.
6. Deposit: For a booking made more than 14 days before your holiday a small deposit of £50 must be paid at the time of booking, with the full balance due 14 days before arrival.
Deposits will be refunded in full if the booking is cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions, but if the booking is cancelled less than 21 days before your stay for other reasons the deposit will be retained to cover our costs.
7. All bookings should be made via the booking form on the link provided to our booking partner. Once your booking has been accepted, billing for both the deposit and the balance will be via Paypal invoice, which can be paid online by debit or credit card.
8. A Security deposit is payable of £150 per stay for all bookings. This will be invoiced with your final payment and will be refunded in full one week after your stay providing that there are no issues with damage or extra cleaning.
9. The property is left in the same state of repair, order and cleanliness both inside and outside as at the start of the holiday.
10. Chargeable events - substantial breakages and any damage should be reported to the owner immediately (by telephone, email or text) and may be chargeable depending on the situation (whether the item is repairable/cost of replacement). Charges will not be limited to the amount of the security bond, however the maximum charge will not exceed the cost of the current insurance excess in the event that a claim needs to be made.
11. Minor breakages - crockery, glasses etc. should be reported (a note on paper is fine) at the end of your stay to enable us to replace items promptly for the benefit of our next guests. Don’t worry, you will not be charged for dropping a cup or glass or two, but our housekeeper does not have time to do a full inventory between each changeover, particularly in high season, so we just need to know about it!
12. Sleeping Capacity. The maximum number of people staying in the property is 8 (plus one baby). Additional persons cannot be accommodated without prior written permission.
13. Bed linen and towels are included in the rental cost, and beds are made up ready for your stay.
14. If replacement bed-linen is required during your stay (due to accidents etc. ) this can be provided at a charge of £15 per set of linen to cover laundry costs.
15. Please be considerate to our neighbours and fellow villagers! Angle is a very friendly village, where visitors are warmly welcomed.
16. Pets are very welcome, but there should be no trace of the animal in the house or garden when you leave, i.e. all mess, spills, hair etc. are removed from the house, and the garden. Please bring a throw for your pet to sit on if they are used to being on chairs, and we prefer that they do not go upstairs.
We are following all recommended additional protocols to ensure that Anchor Cottage is clean and safe for your stay - in return we ask that you do not visit if you or any member of your party are suffering from symptoms, to protect others.